Another Sunday morning in Florence
Down the street, the Duomo rings its bells on the hour
The chimes echo throughout the city
The chimes echo throughout the city
as if to say, it's time to wake
it's time to rise
it's time for the cats to cry
it's time for the dog to bark back
it's time for the old man to play his violin on the sidewalk
while the tourists walk by
i've watched him every Sunday morning
i've watched him every Sunday morning
smile as he plays
and only once did we make eye contact
and i got a chance to smile back.
But this morning there is just silence
and I wonder where the violin man has gone
because he is fragile like the time
and time is going too fast
unsure and unsteady
and time is going too fast
unsure and unsteady
He's nowhere to be found
and soon I won't be either
and soon I won't be either
I need say goodbye
and it's not something I am good at.
and it's not something I am good at.
0 comments:
Post a Comment