Recent Posts

Monday, September 14, 2009

cooking for myself in florence


penne with olives, tomatoes, capers

Cooking for myself in Florence is a lot of fun. The groceries are amazing here...everything tastes authentic, organic and gourmet. The fresh pasta is all gourmet. The peaches..apples..grapes are all much sweeter and juicier. Even regular M&M's seem to have a hint of hazelnut. I swear! Last night, I made farfalle with spinach, olives, and mushrooms sauteed in garlic and olive oil (below)...I've been eating a lot of pasta and trying to get more creative with it, adding various veggies and sauces. Tonight, I made spaghetti with ricotta sauce and added some artichokes and capers. It was quite yummy. I cant wait to make it for my family. Barilla's Ricotta Sauce, only sold here in Italy is, (you were so right, Jenny), freaking AMAZING. If only they sold it in the States! I'm definitely bringing some home.

farfalle with spinach, olives, mushrooms

1 comments:

Jenny said...

i think it's time for us to start writing massive amounts of letters to barilla demanding that they bring that amazing sauce stateside. bring me home a jar? lol

Post a Comment